If you are a pro you might want the best golf rangefinder on the market. For the rest of us a decent cheap rangefinder will do nicely. The following are the best golf rangefinder models that you will see in the 2016 marketplace. We’ve written a few words below each to distinguish between the cheap rangefinders and the higher priced models. There are, of course, other models of cheap rangefinders but we stuck with the more established brands.
Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt Standard
Bushnell arguably is the most entrusted maker of all different rangefinders. This is a laser rangefinder is not cheap rangefinder. This model can be used with a single hand vertical operation. It offers users with a 24mm objective and 5x magnification. The reading up to 300 yards is done with excellent results with an error margin of 1 yard +/-. The pin seeker technology is the Unique Selling Point (USP) of this rangefinder which with activates the Jolt Vibration once the Pin Seeker option is triggered. The SCAN mode of the equipment is also useful which provides users with a continuously updated LCD display just as you pan across the landscape. This one is totally legal if you are looking to use it in the tournament. The equipment is also attractive because of its compact and extremely ergonomic design which you will find very easy to grip. You will love it with the carrying case that comes along with the package along with its 3 Volt battery. Apart from this, the manufacturer gives it with a 2 year exclusive warranty.
Bushnell Tour V2
Another Bushnell, another good range finder. This one is an ultra-compact model using the laser beam mechanism for achieving its objectives. Just as the V3 model discussed above, it also has the 24mm objective lens along with the 5x magnification. The equipped is powered with the most reliable and long lasting CR-2 3V Lithium Ion Batteries. The equipment is totally legal to use in the tournaments.The flag range of the device is 300 yards with 1 yard tolerance +/-. The Pin seeker technology used here is excellent in the sense that it could acquire the target flag on the golf course without actually capturing the background targets. The SCAN mode of the equipment actually provides users with a continuously updated LCD display just as you would go panning across the field. The ergonomics of the device are excellent with an easy grip and one hand operation. The functionalities are easy to use as well with excellent results achieved, which you could expect from such a device.
The Pinsensor is actually the most notable attribute of this laser rangefinder. This advanced technology is actually good with the measuring of the different overlapping objects. It has the ’first target priority mode’ which actually facilitates the user with the distance of the closest subject. This mode is particularly useful for the golfers when they are looking to calculate the distance from the origin of the flag with possible woods in the background. It has a very decent measurement range where it can be deployed for giving you closer to accurate readings at a distance of 400 yards. Next comes another great technology of InteliScan which requires you to first set the device in the scan mode. You can very easily and quickly pick the actual distance to the bunkers, trees, edges of the course, and the back of the green. The equipment is easily adjustable with the range of its settings and the 6x monocular lens gives clear and bright images with the help of its multilayer coating. This comes with a 60 days guarantee (money-back) and if you purchase one, then you would add on to their 5000 satisfied customers.
Bushnell Tour v3 Slope
This is another spectacular field of laser technology, which offers the convenience of single hand operation to the user. The 24mm objective lens and the 5x magnification of the lens add great value to this equipment. The 3000 yard flag could be targeted with decent accuracy with an error margin of just 1 yard +/- maximum. The Pin Seeker technology along with the Jolt Vibration features updates the screen continuously just as you pan across the golf course. The Slope feature differentiates this product from other Bushnell rangefinders by calculating and then adjusting the swing yardage with respect to the degree of the slope. It has a compact and a reasonably ergonomic design with a very convenient grip. You will get it in a nice carrying case for easy handling and 2 years of exclusive warranty also comes along with this product. This product is also found to be legal in all the registered golf tournaments.
Callaway Golf Diablo Octane
This rangefinder is a product of the Callaway manufacturer where the Nikon has offered its expertise in the optics of the device. The Nikon optics enabled this equipment to produce some nice, clear and crisp images. It is capable of calculating the distance to the objects in succession for 8 seconds with the use of just 1 button. The product has a very durable and attractive design with waterproof and also fog-proof capability. It has the first target priority mode, which actually works by targeting the bunker, pin or any closer objects by taking into account the trees even. The equipment comes with a very thin and a turbo-stratic case which is best for the in-round use and the walker clip design brings the supplementary utility for the player. The focusing diopter of the device is highly productive as well, which could work by a simple twisting action over the eyepiece. The ergonomics of this laser rangefinders are good with reasonably easy to use features.
Pinseeker 1500 Tournament
The Bushnell maker impresses the users with various versatile designs. This is yet another great performing device with arrange of up to 1500 yards. The accuracy level comes with a tolerance of just 1 yard +/- for this enormous range capacity. If you are looking for any high performing laser rangefinder for the tournament, then this is the one to go for. The optical capability is also good as this one comes with 7x magnification and offers eye relief of 19mm optics. It has got the 340 foot view of the field at the 1000 yards distance. The equipment is found to be waterproof and it also comes with a built-in tripod mount for excessive convenience of the user. The equipment is very light in weight by weighing just around 10 ounces. The size is so compact that it could easily fit inside your pocket. But, this takes nothing away from the performance and the effectiveness of the equipment. It is as powerful as any other top performing laser rangefinder that you can ever see in the current market.
Bushnell Pro 1600
This is yet another slope edition of the Bushnell brand. It’s not known as a traditional cheap rangefinder but it won’t necessarily break the bank. This has the Pinseeker mode offering zeros in on the flag. The built in slope compensator of the equipment offers great precision in results by taking into account few of the major hurdles as well. The standard scan mode has got the built in reflector and this is the most used modes of this rangefinder. The users will have the convenience of taking the desired readings as the equipment can read both in the yards and the meters. The minimum range of the device is 5 yards and it can go up to the maximum range of 1000 yards. The reflective surfaces range offering is 1600 yards and for the flag, it would be 400 yards. This system comes with the full multi-coated optics which helps users in getting the bright, clear and crisp images. The eye piece used is fairly functional and useful as it offers with a twisted up metal eyepiece along with an over-sized ocular.
Breaking 80 PenSensor 3 Advanced FlagSeeker
The Pinsensor technology of this equipment is the first notable thing that you will witness in here. It helps in the precise measurements of the different overlapping subjects. The first target priority mode is good with displaying the closest object which is particularly viable when looking to measure the distance to the flagstick on the golf course even with the trees in the background. The equipment is perfectly legal for the tournament gameplay and you will be facilitated with its long measurement range. It can take accurate shots up to 400 yards, which will give you the all-important edge over your competitors in the tournament. Then it comes down to the InteliScan technology which will allow you with easy scanning of the target and you could easily find the distance by taking into account some of the obstacles as well on the field. It has 6x monocular lens which comes with multilayer coating producing some of the brightest and the clearest images possible. The product is offered with 60 days of money back guarantee.
Vpro 500s Slope and Flagseeker
This is a high performing laser rangefinder with a long measurement range ability. The accurate measurements could be taken within the range of 5 to 540 yards. You will be facilitated in the game with the offering of three spectacular modes of the equipment such as the slope mode, scan mode and the flag seeker mode. The slope mode along with the help of Pinseeker technology gives you the calculated distance by taking into account the down and the uphill slopes. This will help you in picking the right club for playing your shot. The Flag seeker mode measures well the overlapping objects. It is particularly useful when measuring the distance with trees and bushes in the background. Finally the scan mode is ideal for the purpose of calculating the distance of the hazards. It is rainproof and very durable equipment which comes with 30 days money back guarantee and 1 year warranty. The package of this product includes the microfiber cloth, strap, battery and a quality carrying bag.
Simmons LRF 600
This equipment from Simmons manufacturer is a very economical one with basic features. It is ideal for the amateur golfers who are relatively new in learning the tactics of the game. It can perform with decent accuracy within 10 to 600 yards distance range. The optics comes with 4x magnification with reasonable enough power. The equipment is easy to use with its ergonomic design, one hand operation and with the use of a simple one button operation. The in-view LCD display gives all the meaningful information in a very organized manner. The product comes with a useful carrying case which makes it easier to carry. The vertical configurations could also be used for adding further productivity in the equipment.
What is a Golf Range Finder?
If you look around at any competitive field sport, then you will find a lot of development in it in the recent few years. The development is mostly done in terms of technology and the games have really progressed with such intervention. Golf is one such game which is played with great zeal and zest. Golf Rangefinder has really changed the shape of the game and the difficulty level has certainly eased with the help of the equipment. A golf rangefinder is actually a device which is used for locating/ determining the target hole in order to play the shot.
Some other supplementary information is also given through the device such as wind speed, so that the player could take the shot with precision. There are broadly two different types of rangefinders namely GPS and the Laser golf rangefinders. Both the types work on different principles with the same objective. The efficiency and the quality of results deduced from each are different which poses a challenge for us to choose the best type of range finder and then look for a specific suitable product within that category.
- Secrets about a Golf Rangefinder
Why do we have to use a golf rangefinder?
The game of golf can be extremely difficult for the first timers. If there is no intervention of any technological support then the amateurs would rather quit playing the game sooner or later. A golf rangefinder is the thing which can support you a lot in order to play the shots with precision. The longest shot in golf normally is a good few yards. It is not only the amateurs, but the professionals also rely heavily on the equipment to improve their gameplay. Some of the high end models with the legal features are allowed even in the golf tournaments. But, you need to check well as all the models are not really permitted in the game.
They ask for some bit of investment, but the perks are enormous and everlasting. Both the types are useful and effective. The laser type is economical with no ongoing cost. But, you really need to pay the subscription fee for the GPS in order to use it. The GPS needs to download the entire map of the golf course onto the device, before you can use it for getting the desired information. On the other side, the laser rangefinder uses a laser beam to find the target and get the reading. The laser rangefinder has its limitations where the major one is that it requires having the line of sight from the point of origin of the target. But, the GPS one is free of such limitations. But, precision in reading is more with laser rangefinder as compared to the GPS one, if you have a nice steady hand.
- What difference between Golf GPS and Golf Laser Rangefinder?
- Best Golf GPS Rangefinder on market
- Best Golf Laser Rangefinder on market
- Laser or Non : Which one is Better?
How to choose the right one?
The following factors will ensure the best one when buying the rangefinder for golf:
- Range – The range actually determines the ability of the equipment. The maximum range that most of the players want in the game is 550 yards. So, anything at or closer to this would be a perfect buy in terms of range for the professional golfers. The amateurs can settle at a lower range as well.
- Optics –The quality of the lens glass determines that how clear and crisp images you will be able to see. The optics is not only for viewing clear images but it also helps in providing accuracy with the data.
- Build – The construction is equally important as any other feature of the equipment. An ideal range finder should be durable, stable, waterproof, lightweight, compact, one button operation and it should also come with one hand operation. The ergonomics should also be there with soft gripping so that you can use the device easily.
- Price – The rangefinders for the game of golf falls in different price ranges. The professional players should reserve a budget of over $400 for buying a quality and high performing equipment. The amateurs can facilitate themselves with a quality product within $200 to $300 range. Make sure that at no point and for no reason you should compromise over quality due to the price factor. These are long lasting devices and you must make a decent investment at the first time.
- Brand – There are a few brands that come with far better reputation than the others. The brand consideration actually brings customer satisfaction and the warranty offer might also be considered as a part of it. All the products discussed above comes from reputable brands but the Bushnell brand however is the best by far.
- Best quality laser range finders that come at cheap rates
- Golf Rangefinder Reviews
- How to Test a Golf Rangefinder
- Does Having a Slope in Your Golf Rangefinder do any Good
How to Use Golf Rangefinders in Practice
- Guide to use a GPS golf rangefinder
- Tips for Using a Laser Rangefinder
- Tips & Tricks to Maintain the Lens of Golf Rangefinder
- How to Take Care of the Body & Batteries of Golf rangefinder
Things to avoid when use and buy:
The following points will help you in pin pointing the things to avoid while buying or using the product:
- Don’t panic while making a purchase for such item. There is enormous variety which urges you to analyze your needs and budget first before making any decision.
- Make sure that you don’t buy a product which has just been introduced. It must have a history so that you could find out through the customer reviews that how effective it is for the purpose of golf range-finding.
- Don’t go with any unknown brand or the one which doesn’t offer you with at least 1 year warranty.
- Don’t look for a product which isn’t compatible for the tournaments even if you are not playing any tournament anytime soon. But, you might need it soon sometime.
- Don’t overlook the maintenance aspect of the equipment. Carrying case is important and you must be looking well after the cleanliness of the lens for accurate results.
- Don’t forget to read out the online reviews of the product from authentic sources which will bring you in a great position for making the distance.
Where to buy this product?
Online shopping is probably the only best way to shop in the year 2016.If the matter is to buy the rangefinder for golf then Amazon is the ideal place. The reasons which make it the ideal choice for purchase are given below for your consideration:
- The online shopping of the rangefinder could be done comfortably at your home.
- You can browse the full variety of products on Amazon which is something that you cannot conveniently see even in the largest shopping mall of the world.
- The products are marketed there with detailed information. The information given there is all authentic and you can trust that with no second thoughts at all.
- You can make an easy decision by reading out the reviews and the feedbacks given by the customers who have already used the product. These opinions given by the customers are unbiased so you have no reason not to trust them.
- The product rating is given for each product on the basis of the reviews and the feedbacks it has received through the customers. It helps in getting a quick opinion about the product.
- The users can also look for the amazing price crunch deals and offers which are given every now and then.
Deciding on your golf rangefinder purchase is not an easy thing to do. You need to find out the best golf rangefinder by taking into account all the quality factors. The best and the most critical factors to look for are the range, optics, ease of use, build, price and the brand of the product. The price varies a lot and the professional and the amateurs both need to find the right product that suits their requirements. Further, the best buy would always be the one which comes with some good research done beforehand and shopping with convenience through Amazon.